Creative Grounds Fall 2021 Classes
Creative Grounds classes are for all ages and all skill levels. Our instructors pride themselves on solid professional technique yet meet each student where they are. We believe the most important thing our students will learn is confidence.
This semester, the first session of classes will begin on August 9, 11, and 12 (respective to the day the class meets). They will then take off August 25, 26, and September 6, and conclude on October 4, 6, and 7, with a showcase that weekend.
The second session will begin on October 11, 13, and 14 off on October 25, 27, and 28 and November 8, 10, and 11. Last classes are December 13, 15, and 16, with a showcase that weekend.
Our instructor Christa Zook has been dancing for 35 years and has been teaching for 20. She prides herself in teaching professional technique at any skill level or capability. The only requirement is proper shoes should the style require them. Students will learn stretching and specific dance style technique. They will also learn a short piece they will perform at a showcase at the end of each session. You will find CGFAA classes a little different from your typical studio. Expensive costumes will not be required to purchase. We keep things simple and focus on students growth and having FUN!
5 to 9 Year Old Combo ClassStudents will learn the basics of jazz and ballet.
Wednesdays 6:15 PM to 7 PM
All Ages TapThis class will teach the fundamentals of tap dancing for beginners and further technique for students with experience.
Wednesdays 7 PM To 8 PM
All Ages Hip HopStudents of all skill levels will learn a lyrical hip hop style.
Wednesdays 8 PM to 9 PM
10 to 13 Year Old Combo ClassStudents will learn the basics of jazz and ballet.
Thursdays 6 PM to 7 PM
13 Year old and up JazzStudents will learn the basics of jazz.
Thursdays 7 PM to 8 PM
13 Year Old and Up BalletStudents will learn the basics of ballet.
Thursdays 8 PM to 9 PM
Katie Landis, who teaches our Actor's Classes, is a Co-founder of Creative Grounds Fine Arts Academy and currently serves as Youth Development Director. Katie has a B.A. in Communications with a Major in Worship Arts and Youth Ministry from Judson University. Katie has worked with kids in a variety of camp, school and church settings.
Mondays 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Imagination Station is our class for ages 4 through 8. This class focuses on using the imagination while learning the basics of theater. Musical theater comes to life through a series of engaging scenes. This is a highly supportive environment for youngsters to develop their courage to act, sing and dance. The level of challenge fits the needs of the group so that this introduction to musical theater is a positive experience for all. An excellent choice to build self-confidence, discover talent, and learn if your child would enjoy musical theater. Each class will include acting, improvisational games, creative movement, singing and rehearsals with costumes and props. This class will have a presentation of their mini-show with scenes and songs at the studio showcase.
Actors Workshop Classes
Home Schoolers Mondays 1 PM - 2 PM
Ages 8-13 Mondays 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Ages 14 and Up Mondays 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Students work on monologues, group scenes, and improvisation, all while honing acting technique, diction, projection, body awareness and building self-confidence.The level of challenge fits the needs of the group so that this is a positive experience for all. An excellent choice to build self-confidence, discover new skills and continue to grow as an actor. Students will Participate in the Semester Showcase with a Monologue and group piece.
High School Musical Production Schedule
- 4/3/22by MidnightVirtual Auditions due
- 4/5/224:30-9:30Callbacks – in person
- 4/26/22No ReherasalSecret Garden Tech Week
- 4/29/22No RehearsalSecret Garden Tech Week
- 4/30/22No RehearsalSecret Garden Tech Week
- 5/27/225:30-9:30Rehearsal **Memorial Day Weekend
- 5/28/22No Rehearsal**Memorial Day Weekend
- 6/6/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 6/7/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 6/8/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 6/9/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 6/10/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 6/11/2212:30 call timePerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 6/12/2212:30 call timePerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 6/12/229:00-11:00Load Out
Aristocats Production Schedule
- 1/30/22by MidnightVirtual Auditions Due
- 2/1/224:30-9:30Callbacks - in person
- 3/28/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 3/29/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 3/30/225:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 3/31/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 4/1/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 4/2/2211:00 call timePerformances @ 1:00, 3:30 & 7:30
- 4/2/228:30-11:00Load Out
The Secret Garden Production Schedule
- 1/8/22by MidnightVirtual Auditions Due
- 1/11/224:30-9:30Callbacks - in person
- 1/28/22No RehearsalMoana Jr Tech Week
- 1/29/22No RehearsalMoana Jr Tech Week
- 4/1/22No RehearsalSpring Break
- 4/2/22No RehearsalSpring Break
- 4/15/22No RehearsalGood Friday
- 4/24/225:00-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 4/25/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 4/26/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 4/27/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 4/28/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 4/29/225:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 4/30/2212:30 call timePerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 5/1/2212:30 call timePerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 5/1/229:00-11:00Load Out
Disney's Moana Jr. Production Schedule
- 10/30/21by MidnightVirtual Auditions Due
- 11/2/214:30-9:30Callbacks - in person
- 11/23/21No RehearsalThanksgiving
- 11/26/21No RehearsalThanksgiving
- 11/27/21No RehearsalThanksgiving
- 12/21/21No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 12/24/21No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 12/25/21No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 12/28/21No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 12/31/21No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 1/1/22No RehearsalChristmas Break
- 1/24/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 1/25/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 1/26/225:30-10:00Tech Week Rehearsal
- 1/27/225:30 CallPerformance @ 7:30
- 1/28/225:30 CallPerformance @ 7:30
- 1/29/2212:30 callPerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 1/30/2212:30 callPerformances @ 2:30 & 7:30
- 1/30/229:00-11:00Load Out
How I Beceame a Pirate Production Schedule
- 8/28/21by MidnightVirtual Auditions Due
- 8/31/214:30-9:30Callbacks - in person
- 10/25/215:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 10/26/215:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 10/27/215:30-9:30Tech Week Rehearsal
- 10/28/215:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 10/29/215:30 call timePerformance @ 7:30
- 10/30/2111:00 Call timePerformances @ 1:00, 3:30 & 7:30
- 10/30/218:30-11:00Load Out