Creative Grounds Fine Arts Academy
Code of Conduct
- Act Well Your Part – Our community involves participants with a wide range of beliefs and ideas. We encourage open dialogue, but require that participants remain courteous and respectful at all times.
- There are no small parts – Everyone is valued in our community. Encourage others and build each other up. You have gifts and talents that others can grow from, as well as they are just as capable of helping you grow.
- This community is meant to be a positive experience for anyone who chooses to participate. We encourage you to think before you speak. Is it necessary? Is it kind? Is it true? Share with one another as Christ would have you share.
- We expect purity of self in relationships with others and one’s own body. Therefore, drugs, alcohol, or smoking are strictly prohibited. Overt physical contact between students is inappropriate at all CGFAA activities.
- Each student is expected to come to rehearsal with music, script, water bottle, pencil, highlighter, dance, shoes/tennis shoes and a smile.
- Each student is expected to spend time outside of rehearsals practicing, memorizing, and working through the material.
- If you are called to a rehearsal, you are expected to be at that rehearsal.
- Students are responsible for signing in at each rehearsal.
- Please list all expected absences on your audition sheet for director approval.
- Additional absences will only be excused if it is for a school related activity for a grade, a contagious illness, or a death in the family.
- A maximum of 3 unexpected absences are allowed per student. More than 3 unexpected absences is up for discussion, leading to dismissal from the production.
- Unexcused absences may affect future casting decisions.
- Arriving more than 20 minutes late to rehearsal will count as an unexpected absence unless prior arrangementshave been made and notified to the Show Coordinator.
- Overly tight or revealing clothing is not acceptable
- Mid-drifts must be covered, even when arms are raised or seated
- No off the shoulder or spaghetti strapped shirts
- Undergarments are not to be visible or exposed
- Skirts & shorts may be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee when standing with your arms to your sides
We expect students to dress modestly and appropriately in a way that promotes a healthy environment and eliminates
Revised July 2021